With the season starting next weekend (17th April) at brands hatch, and there was a couple of jobs still outstanding on the car that needed to be sorted.
- Replace brake pads all round
- Remove the weight thats in the front and rear bumper carriers
- Refit the front wheel arch liners (to stop stones and debris going into the area behind the front wings.)
- Simple service items like changing filters, and checking oil levels
- Replace the brake fluid
- Put on the new doors (they still can be lightened in the future)
- Apply the stickers to the new doors and remove ones that are not this years sponsors.
The weight loss from the bumper carriers, was about 3-4kg when I removed the ends of the carriers, and got a new drill to cut out a lot of the material from them. I got told I can get them lighter if I use some of the alloy carriers that were used on early cars, but these are difficult to get hold of.
Next was to put on the new doors, that have been sprayed by Gary at ‘the vehicle repair center’ (http://www.vehiclerepaircenter.co.uk) and his company has joined as a sponsor of the bodywork this year.
the photo does not look good as the rest of the car was so dirty, so that means a cleaning session is on the way, so out with the snow foam.
Still have the stickers to put onto the new doors, and as the championship has some new sponsors, a couple of existing ones needed to be removed, also we have a new regulation on the stickers, in that our surnames are to be on the front windscreen by the kumho windscreen sticker.